Pedicures are one of the most-required services in every nail salon near you. It’s easy to catch sight of a woman lying on a pedi chair while soaking her feet in a spa foot tub. But it’s rare to see a man spending his time in any foot spa. That lack of attention can lead to pain and other foot problems. There are numerous benefits to having healthy feet, and this can be encouraged by performing top-notch pedicures at an upscale nail salon. A pedicure must be included in everyone’s personal care list regardless of their gender. In order to persuade a man to climb aboard the foot care train, today we’ll break down some reasons for men to get pedicures.
A wise man should acknowledge that it is important to take care of his feet. Why said that? Because a lot of diseases actually manifest themselves in the feet. Those diseases range from the uncomfortable to the life-threatening. Many men suffer from a variety of foot issues, check below for some hidden issues from the feet.
- Athlete’s Foot: Athlete’s foot is a fungal infection of the foot that develops commonly on the soles of the feet and in between the toes. It usually produces itchy, dry, and scaling skin. In more severe cases, inflammation, cracks, and blisters may form. Athletes commonly suffer from sweaty feet and use facilities where the fungus is found (ie. gym locker rooms, showers) thus the term “Athlete’s foot”.
- Calluses/ Corns: As our feet rub against the insides of our shoes, our skin naturally responds and builds up a protective thicker, harder layer of skin more popularly called calluses and corns. Calluses are broader, softer and all-around larger masses of harder dead skin, while corns are typically smaller, harder and deeper.
- Warts: Talking about warts is never pleasant because no matter where they show up—on your hands, your feet, your face or even your genitals—they’re caused by a virus. Feet are a common place for warts because the virus thrives in warm moist places. You can get them in public pools, dirty floors or anywhere. The most troublesome thing about them is that they are caused by the human papillomavirus and can be spread from person to person.
- Nail Fungus: Nail fungus occurs when a microscopic fungus enters one or more nails. This condition often begins as an infection in the skin, which is commonly referred to as Athlete’s foot. As the nail fungus penetrates deeper into the nail, it may cause the nail to discolor, thicken, and develop crumbling edges—an unsightly and potentially painful problem. Most people develop nail fungus as a result of walking barefoot in public places. This can be treated at home, but for extreme issues we suggest seeing a podiatrist who can likely solve this issue in a matter of weeks.
A high-quality pedicure is one of the most effective solutions to maintain foot hygiene and keep your feet looking ready all the time. Keeping feet clean and soaking them regularly reduces problems caused by harmful bacteria and can ward off fungal infections such as athlete’s foot. If you have shoes that are rubbing your feet the wrong way, an excellent foot soak can soften up calloused skin and help keep feet smooth. An occasional pedicure can help keep feet in top shape. Book appointments with licensed pedicurists as they can identify any serious foot problem much better than you can. Plus, there’s nothing as uniquely relaxing as getting a luxury spa treatment.
What to know if you are planning on a salon pedicure?
Before you go:
- Do not shave your legs prior to a pedicure treatment. Tiny cuts and micro-abrasions create an easy pathway for bacteria and fungus to enter through the skin and into the bloodstream.
- Do not get a pedicure if you have bug bites, scabs, poison ivy, or any other abrasions.
- Do schedule your pedicure for first thing in the morning—after the tools have been in disinfectant all night long.
Choosing a salon:
- Ask questions about the salon’s disinfectant procedures. Foot baths should be drained and disinfected between customers and every night. Instruments should be sterilized or heated in an autoclave.
- Pick a nail salon that is clean and follows stringent sterilization practices to avoid infection, or the service could end up doing more harm than good. Does the salon appear sanitary? Do you see technicians draining and scrubbing foot baths when they finish a pedicure? In reality, it takes about 10 minutes for disinfectant to work — how quickly are they turning over customers?
Men, when was the last time you did your pedicure? Scrubbed your feet in the shower? Applied foot cream? Why do you still put off pampering your feet, toes and toenails? No one likes a stinky foot! You do shave, shower and get a haircut done? Then what’s wrong in getting a pedicure done? Going for good pedicure services at a beauty salon near you isn’t something that you need to be ashamed of but you should take pride in it. Apart from the obvious cleanliness benefits, there are tangible mental health benefits from keeping feet fresh, too.
After this article, we encourage every man to have a proper pedicure routine at a nice day spa or at home, he’ll turn himself from a man to an authentic gentleman in that way. Actually, every single one of us should be getting a pedicure on a regular basis. Just imagine sitting in a gigantic chair with your feet sunk in a whirlpool-like basin, while you read your favorite magazine. Yes, that’s all it takes to get a professional pedicure and money of course! A weekly pedicure, many experts would agree, is a perfect way to unwind from those stresses of the week.
Nail salon 68516 | day spa | nail salon near me | Lincoln Nebraska 68516 | gel manicure | deluxe pedicure | Oscar Nails Spa in Lincoln | ombre nails | coffin nails | nail art designs in Lincoln NE 68516 | dipping powder near me | toenails art | the best nail salon Lincoln, Nebraska 68516