What is NexGen?
The most popular brand of dip powder is NexGen. There are a lot of competitors, but this was the one recommended at any nail salon near me and through my own research seems to be the best dipping brand available.
NexGen is similar to Acrylic. The application is just very different. Your nail is first coated with a base and then your nail is dipped into a powder. If you love watching nail videos on Instagram and YouTube, then you must admit, the process of NexGen is pretty cool. Just like with acrylic powders, you can choose the color you want your nails to be. There are so many ways to pretty-up your manicure, and you can be just as creative with NexGen nails as you can with acrylic – just without the damage to your nail beds.
However, is there a big difference between NexGen nail technique and all the others?
For years, salon owners and nail professionals have searched for a safe and healthy alternative to acrylic nails: One that would add length, protection and shine, without the damage that acrylics can cause.
The next generation in Nail Enhancement Technology NexGen Nails Feel and Look Natural and DO NOT DAMAGE the nail bed. I have been looking for a way to protect our nail beds while still having beautifully long, manicured nails, and NexGen offers that.
- Light-Weight and Flexible
- Strong and Durable
- Non-Toxic and Odor-Free
- No Primer
- Crack and Chip Resistant
- Environmentally Friendly
- Calcium and Vitamin E Fortified
- There are so many different NexGen colors for you to choose from. With over 100 options, you will never be limited to the look you want for your nails. You are also still able to apply nail polish on top of NexGen nails, so you can enjoy some beautiful nail designs.
- Depending on how quickly your nails grow, NexGen can last more than three weeks!
The NEXGEN Nail System’s innovative technology was developed by a group of nail experts with decades of industry experience.
When NexGen is applied, your natural nails are buffed, and a bottom coat is applied. You then dip your nails into the powder (which can be a color of your choice) and a topcoat is then applied.
How To Remove NexGen Nails?
- While it is always better to have your nails removed at the professional nail salon, you can get away with doing it at home on your own if you are careful. Here are the steps to follow:
- Buff your nails lightly and remove the shine with a buffer.
- Clips your nails down as short as possible (if you have tips)
- Fill a small bowl with pure acetone and soak your nails in the acetone for up to 15 minutes. If you are using nail polish remover, leave your nails to soak for up to 35 minutes.
- Use a small stick to scrape off any remaining NexGen nail polish.
- Repeat this process until all of the NexGen is removed.
- Try not to remove NexGen nails at home too often, booking with a good nail salon in your local area is always the best way to take care of your fingernails and toenails.