Before we jump right into our list of tips for long-lasting nail polish, we have to answer the obvious question—how long does nail polish last without chipping? The truth is, it really depends. Because there are numerous variables, it will vary from person to person and manicure to manicure. Traditional nail polish can last a few days without any chipping. However, if you opt for long-wear formulas such as no-chip options or gel polish, your manicure may last for up to two weeks before you see any chipping.
11 TIPS TO MAKE YOUR NAIL POLISH LAST LONGER
– It’s time for the reason you’re here—learning how to make nail polish last longer. Try the tips below to keep your manicure (and pedicure) in prime condition.
– Apply thin coats of nail polish.
– Change your nail polish formula.
– Dry your nails with cool air.
– Polish across the free edge of your nails.
– Opt for short-shaped nails.
– Reapply top coat every two to three days.
– Avoid getting nail polish on your cuticles.
– Apply cuticle oil and cuticle cream.
– Wear gloves while doing household chores.
– Roll your nail polish bottle.
– File your nails and layer with a top coat.
As with most aspects of our bodies, we get the best results from eating a well-balanced, vitamin-rich diet. Vitamin deficiencies show up quickly as weakened, brittle fingernails or pits in the nail.
A top-notch nail salon is not the only way to keep your nails looking nice. There are so many ways to keep the nails neat and pretty, and one of them is eating a healthy diet!
While your fingernails themselves may not need moisture, your fingertips and cuticles absolutely do. The cuticle is a naturally tough piece of skin, but it is prone to cracking and drying out painfully when it isn’t kept well moisturized.
Rough nail files do more harm than good to fingernails and should be replaced with very fine nail files. Also, nails should only be filed in one direction, as sawing back and forth weakens the nail.