Nail extensions are the hottest beauty trend that will never go out of fashion, the creative freedom you can manifest is limitless, ever changing and expanding.
If you are like me, you probably always struggle with what you want to do to your nails. Should they be natural? Should it be a regular manicure or a gel manicure?
There are a few different nail enhancements you can get from any local nail salon. The most popular are Acrylics, Hard Gels, Dip Powder, and so on. Additionally, each service requires different care and maintenance.
Gel extension is a process that involves hard gel built on a natural nail and cured with UV light. Like acrylics, gels require an overlay to lengthen your nail. The manicurist uses a nail form, which is basically a sticker that goes under the free edge (the tip) of the nail, to extend the length of the nail.
The rest of your process will flow like regular gel manis: your color is applied with standard soft gel polish and cured layer by layer. If you’re getting nail art, your artist will decorate your tips, and then your nails are sealed with a gel top coat.
Pros of gel nail extensions:
- Thin, but strong and durable.
- Easy to maintain and has a high gloss finish.
- Flexible and lightweight.
- Gel extension can be easily soaked off and is good for people with natural nails who want to improve durability, without the extreme hardness and heaviness of hard gel.
- Can be easily applied over your natural nail for a thin natural looking nail.
- If applied and removed properly, gel extensions are very safe.
Nail salon near me Alberta | Q Nails Tri Leisure Village | nail salon Spruce Grove AB | Stony Plain nail place | nails art design Alberta T7X 0T3 | manicure pedicure Spruce Grove | eyelash extensions | waxing | acrylic nails in Spruce Grove AB T7X 0T3 | Spruce Grove nails